Upgrades are various station wagon enhancements purchased at Car Garages in various landmarks. They have varied functions and bonuses, and fill in one of the five upgrade slots: Top, Bottom, Front, Back, Misc.
Top[edit | edit source]
- Armored Windows: Less likely to get bit by zombies.
- Carrier: Never lose a gas can.
- Chainsaw Windows: Automatically succeed fighting through hordes.
- Solar Panels: Move slowly while out of fuel.
- Tinted Windows: Unaffected by heat waves.
Misc.[edit | edit source]
- GPS: Never lose the road
- Radio: Has a chance to heal party members
- Yard Sale Sign: Faster and more frequent trading partners appear at stops
- Sno-Cone Machine: Don't consume food while looking for traders or while repairing.
- Air Freshener: Party members in front take 1 less damage. (Player & 1st party member)
Front[edit | edit source]
- Fog Lights: No slowdown in heavy fog.
- Nev-R-Break Battery: Batteries never need replacing.
- Cowcatcher: No slowdown from rubble.
- V6 Engine: Travel faster at the expense of the car.
Back[edit | edit source]
- EZ Grow Garden: Generates 1 oz of food an hour.
- Sup-R-Last Muffler: Less likely for muffler to break.
- Tool Chest: Scrap repairs the car more effectively (more health gained per repair; %chance of repair unaffected; appears to affect repair shop repairs too)
- Nev-R-Break Muffler: Muffler never needs replacing.
- Ninja Muffler: Automatically succeed sneaking through hordes.
Bottom[edit | edit source]
- Rain Tires: No slowdown during rainstorms.
- Snow Tires: No slowdown during blizzards.
- Offroad Tires: No slowdown during sandstorms.
- Sup-R-Last Tires: Less likely for tires to break.
- Nev-R-Break Tires: Tires never need replacing.
Unsorted[edit | edit source]
The following upgrades have been discovered, but they were not purchased, or are not buyable. They need to be sorted into their correct slot, or given their on slot.
- Tune-Up: You car is repairded via a mission or event.